Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Here is to you World Travler








I want every to picture late August of 2007, some of us were beginning our senior years of high school and for others they would soon be jet setting off into the wide world of college.  If you were a precious innocent late 1989 baby like I was you were about to begin Senior Year.  However, if you were a late 1988 baby like my best friend World Traveler, you were about to begin the epic journey known as college. I was fortunate enough to spend most a large chunk of high school being best friends with Red, Chicago, Mugen, and World Traveler. We were literally the best friends anyone could ever ask for.

Here we are at various events: a homecoming, a winter formal, and a birthday bonfire.  We did everything together.  Let us fast forward to these lovely ladies senior year of high school 2006-2007, World Traveler and I became literally attached at the hip. There was very few hours of the day that we did not spend together.  Here are some beautiful action shots of our mayhem.

Fast forward to World Traveler departing to being her college career at Loyola University Chicago, I was one hot mess. I cried for three straight days and I think I might have been so hysterical that I lost ten pounds and got sent home from school one day.  It was a rough start to my senior year and an interesting semester as I learned to deal with my best friend in the entire world being over six hours away.  Y'all might be wondering why this story is relevant to this day and age? Well tonight I said good bye to World Traveler as she is about to embark on six monthish backing pack trip to New Zeland.  While I am glad to stay I am perfectly emotionally stable I am a little sad to lose her out of my routine back at home.  So here is to you World Traveler, I wish all the best adventure in love and luck, and safe travels filled with never ending laughter and joy everyday you are gone. I will be ready to eat the Dale when you return.  So much love!

Peace and Blessings,

kjo


PS Thank Goodness these girls were around the first time World  Traveler jet setted and that they are still around today                                            \
 

No comments:

Post a Comment