Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Out of my Comfort Zone

Y'all know that I love just about every part of being a teacher even if I am just currently a substitute teacher. I have subbed a few times at the local elementary but yesterday was a whole new world literally. I got roped into subbing for half day Kindergarten. Oh  MY GOODNESS I have no idea how all of you sweet Kindergarten teachers out there handle that kind of chaos everyday.  I often think that high schooler's are rowdy and uncontrollable but these precious little ones were almost too much for me to handle.  Simple tasks like reading them stories, coloring pictures, or lining up for snack cause a million and twelve questions to be asked and often tears to be shed.  I received so many wonderful hugs and silly hand drawn pictures that ended up making the day worth it in the long run.  Whew lets just say I do not plan on picking up an early childhood endorsements in the future.  I do believe it was blessing in disguise -- because even though I left extremely exhausted and with a the worst teacher headache that no amount of Diet Coke (liquid of the gods) could cure my heart was just as happy as when I walk out of any other classroom. I never dreamed that I would gain so much happiness through my career but I am so blessed to have chosen this crazy, awesome, and often exasperating profession.

Do you love your job? What makes your heart the happiest?

Peace and Blessings,

kjo

No comments:

Post a Comment