Friday, January 3, 2014

It's off to work and SCHOOL we go...

Hello Lovelies,

Today, was the first day back from Christmas Break 2013 and although I was not expecting a normal day by any means it was quite the day.  First off I should mention that we were supposed to go back to school on the Second however we got 4 inches of snow causing us to have our first SNOW DAY of the year. I only had five of my thirteen munchkins and that was one of the biggest bunches in the school.  I had to to do some quick, on my feet thinking about how to restructure our day without causing too much chaos.

We were supposed to begin implementing Whole Brain Teaching techniques today and I gradually laid the framework for the munchkins that were in attendance. It thankfully went very well. I decided to push back our New Year, New ME activities until more of the students were in attendance. Thankfully I have a small arsenal of animated book writing activities and coloring sheets to keep us occupied. We were also fortunate enough to join the rest of our elementary cohorts in an afternoon movie and buddy reading session which made out afternoon a breeze. I am sure blessed with the best coworkers ever!

On another note it is ABSOLUTELY freezing in St. Louis, not only is there a ton of snow on the ground and the forecast only calls for me. It is frigid and I am not a fan! Maybe it is time to head back down South (haha don't get your hopes to high)

How are you handling the winter weather in your area?

Peace and Blessings,

kjo

No comments:

Post a Comment