Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pop, Fizz, Clink. Happy New Year 2014

Hello Lovelies,

Before I get to far into my New Year, New ME speech, seriously where did 2013 go? It seems like just yesterday I was graduating from Spring Hill and we are slowly approaching the TWO year anniversary of my departure from the Hill. The year 2013 brought so many lessons and blessing to my life.  I got my first teaching job, teaching the sweet Migrant kiddos and had a blast everyday. I made friends with an awesome Ginger who became my partner in crime and got me obsessed with One Direction. We are pretty much soul mates. I was in not one but TWO weddings! I had the privilege of standing beside two of my best friends as they married the men of their dreams.  It was awesome .  I became a certified barista (hilarious, let me tell you). I almost gave up on my dreams of being an inner-city teacher or really a teacher at all, but then I became a Tiger.  Teaching at MHT has definitely been the most challenging experience of my life, but everyday I feel blessed to be given the challenge of my munchkins. They are spectacular little humans who need unconditional love and support. As much as I give everyday, I get a lot in return. Some days I get more than others but its those sweet hugs and smiles that make an awful, no good, rotten day better.  I also lucked out in the co-worker department, my fellow Tigers make work a pleasant experience, if not a party everyday. With my job at MHT came a move to the big ole city of St. Louis.  I have learned a lot about being a grown up and growing up at the end of 2013 and I have to say it is quite the pleasant surprise.  I began working with the crazy Holy crew towards the end of 2013 and I have to say I look forward to our Thursday night meetings.  They are a great group of teens and adults, and I am blessed to be apart of it.  So all in all 2013 was a pretty great year for a Pearl Kind of Girl. Here is to hoping that 2014 is filled with even more love, laughs and hilarity than 2013. (It seems to be starting that way, my NYE was quite comical)

Are you ready for what 2014 has in store for YOU?

Peace and Blessings,

kjo

No comments:

Post a Comment