Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will." — Tupac Shakur

Hello Bloggers!
First off go to the follow website total awesomeness. Okay not that you have read this article, some of you might be a little confused. Well, neverfear here is the explanation. I am directly responsible for those beautiful children making it to secondary school.  How is it possible that me, a silly girl, living in the Heart of So. Ill or currently in Badgerland responsible for those precious children going to secondary school? Well the answer is kind of complicated.  In 2006, my home Key Club raised a bunch of money for an organization called Building Tomorrow and so did the rest of #keyclubnation. (sidenote: there are a handful of Key Clubs that totally dominate at life examples would be: Murphysboro High School, R.J. Reynolds High School, E.D. White Catholic High School, Brother Martin Catholic High School, a specific club in Arizona I am drawing a mind blank on, Mount-St.Chantal something that closed down in VA, and a baller club in Minnestoa that I am also drawing a blank on). Fast forward to a year or so later each of these clubs was charged with finding a represenative to go to Uganda to lay the foundation of the school.  After quite some debate and stressing, I was chosen to represent my club.  I was sort of what you might have called Key Club obsessed. So today as I was checking my email at Student Teaching I recieved this email and immediately my eyes filled with tears of joy and excitement.  Everything we worked so hard for both monetarily and physically is paying off. My instinctive nature to help people and my love of education and educating others are working hand-in-hand to change the world.  Literally. change. the. world. IT IS MIND BOGGLING that I was a part of something so awesome.  All of this could only be the work of the AMAZING God that I love so deeply.  He has given me the most blessed life and the most wonderfully opportunities that have changed my life. I have been given so many opportunties to go exciting places and do exciting things but that is not what I consider to be my reward. My reward is reading articles like this, knowing that something I did with my own hands is bettering someone elses life. It is a feeling I cannot even describe.
Peace and Blessings,
Kjo

ps sorry I got a little preachy but I believe that my religious calling in life is to do everything in my power to help someone else change their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment